A Passion For Helping The Community.
A Focus On Results.
A Dedication To Excellence.
John A. Kelly
John has been in private practice as an attorney in Sonoma since 2003, generally handling business & estate litigation, probate, and real estate matters. John graduated from UC Berkeley's law school in 2002, where he was the Co-Editor in Chief of the Berkeley Journal of Criminal Law, and where he earned the Jurisprudence Award in Copyright Law. Before becoming an attorney, John developed technical expertise working as a webmaster for a software startup, and as a web developer for a commercial finance company.
John graduated from UCLA in 1997, with degrees in history and political science, earning his Bachelor's degree in three years. He graduated from Santa Rosa's Cardinal Newman High School in 1994, where he was all-league as a linebacker, and captain of the defense for the Cardinals' football team. John is a regular player of recreational soccer, and enjoys watching football, and drinking wine. John has three daughters, Siena (13), Allegra (11), and Margaux (4).
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, Berkeley, California
- J.D. - 2002
- University of California, Los Angeles
- B.A. - 1997
- Trustee, Sonoma Valley Unified School District (2016-)
- Member, Richard M. Sangster American Inn of Court (2007-), Membership Committee (2020-)
- Member (2003-), Chair, Business & IP Section (2020-), Board of Directors (2020-), Sonoma County Bar Association
- Member (2017-), Chair, Endorsements Committee (2019-), Sonoma County Democratic Central Committee
- Chair, City of Sonoma Budget Advisory Committee (2005-6)
- Chair, City of Sonoma Community Services & Environment Commission (2004-6)