A Passion For Helping The Community.
A Focus On Results.
A Dedication To Excellence.
Nicholas J. Bernate
Nicholas J. Bernate is a shareholder of Clement, Fitzpatrick & Kenworthy, Inc., and a member of the firm's litigation team. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Bernate was a senior associate at the law firm of Bledsoe, Diestel, Treppa & Crane LLP, in San Francisco, where he represented business and property owners, landlords, corporate entities, and individuals in a variety of matters including property disputes, landlord/tenant litigation, construction defect, and complex personal injury litigation. He has tried several jury cases in California Superior Court and the United States Federal Court, while also having worked on matters in the California Court of Appeal and United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Mr. Bernate is a top-rated civil litigation attorney in the Bay Area, according to Super Lawyers Magazine, having earned the distinction of Super Lawyer-Rising Star each year since 2017.
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Honors: Witkin Awards for academic excellence
- University of California at Santa Cruz
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Major: Legal Studies
- Super Lawyers – Rising Star, 2017-2021
- Sonoma Magazine – Lawyers of Distinction 2021
- Best Lawyers – Ones to Watch 2020-2021
- California, 2012